Saturday, April 12, 2008

Rain again

The last time I posted, I talked about rain.  I also talked about how we (or rather our goats) were expecting a kid.  Well, it has been raining again, and we also have that kid now!

Sadie was born on February 29, 2008.  (It rained that day here, too.)  Here's a picture of her not long after she was born.

She's growing quickly and is about three times that size now.


It rained last night, too, and stormed pretty heavily.  But that didn't stop people from coming out to see, hear and meet the delightful Susan Gregg Gilmore, author of LOOKING FOR SALVATION AT THE DAIRY QUEEN.  Susan and her husband were guests at the Harris Arts Center in nearby Calhoun, GA.  Susan told us all about her journey to being an author, and how LOOKING FOR SALVATION came to be born. She also gave a brief reading, answered questions and signed copies of her book for her fans. I bought a copy and although I haven't had time to dig too deeply in, I'm charmed by what I've read thus far.


 




Here is a picture of Susan with Gray Bridges, the Program Coordinator at the Harris Arts Center.  (Gray is the one wearing glasses.) 

No comments: