Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Unusual Birthday Presents

As you may or may not know, I'm blessed to be married to a wonderful woman, Lara. She and I both have birthdays in December, only one day apart. I was a little late with her birthday present this year (actually, I gave her one on time, but this one was a surprise I had to arrange to pick up.) You'd have to know her to really understand this, but for her birthday I gave her 3,800 pounds of rocks.

She is really into landscaping and such, and not long after we moved to Georgia, she told me, "Honey, don't worry about buying me jewelry or stuff like that. If you really want to make me happy, bring me live plants to set out, or rocks to use in landscaping." So, I made the arrangements, and today she and I took the trailer and Jeep to get 1.9 tons of happiness. She didn't know where we were going, and she was both surprised and very pleased with the gift.

I know, it sounds sexist, but how many women do you know who would rather have sandstone than diamond?

Tony

1 comment:

L. Cudmore said...

One hell of a woman, that's for sure.

My man bought me Tom Waits' "Blood Money" on vinyl--how many 23 year olds do you know that would rather have records than an iPOD?