Saturday, September 30, 2006

Almost a month???

Egads! It's been almost a month since I've posted here, and I'm ashamed. Of course, probably the other three people who regularly read the blog are bored stiff by now, so I've got to come up with something interesting. Let's see...

Oh, OK. Recently, I was contacted by one of the marketing types at Warner Bros., and she asked me if I'd like to help with getting out the word about their new movie The Departed.

Blink, blink. Me??

Yes, me. Specifically, she (Anna, bless her heart) wanted me to use my Crime and Suspense ezine/ website to help promote the movie. So, I put together a quick writing contest on the fly, and the winners are getting t-shirts or posters from the movie. And it looks like an interesting movie, too. I know I'm going to see it. Check out the trailer at the link for The Departed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am impressed. The mountain view I know of as a fellow resident in God's splendor and beauty in this part of Georgia. But CONGRATS on the recognition and connection with Warner. You have a good zine and blog, but it's gotta feel extra good to be contacted by the big names!

Tony Burton said...

Thanks, D. I have to admit it came completely out of left field, and I was very pleased. Of course, I am VERY SURE that they contacted a lot of good ezines to involve them in the promotion efforts--I know we weren't the only one!